Friday, May 29, 2009

Phlox


Phlox


Agreement




My true love hath my heart and I hvae his,
By just exchange one fo aonther geven:
I holde his deare, and mine he cannot misse,
There never was a better bargaine driven.
My true love hath my heart andI hve his.
My heart in me keepes him and me in one,
My heart in him his thoughts and sences guides:
He loves my heart, for once it was his owne,
I cherish his becasue in me it bides.
My true love hath my heart, and I hve his.
Just Exchange, Sir Philip Sidney, 1554-1586




Phlox most commonly is interpreted as agreement. Perhaps more ardent suitors were intoxicated by its heady scent, which perfumes like the whole garden in the early evening, and felt inspired to a proposal of love.



Phlox was named after the Greek word "phlox" meaning flame, no doubt referring to their color and shape.

No comments: