Arthur A.Boyd and his wife, Flore, occupied 110 South Street after Boyd, a retired naval officer, moved to Auburn to take over the Hayden saddlery hardware and home manufacturing business that had been established by his father-in-law, Peter Hayden. The company at that time employed convict labor, but later was to occupy a building with D.E. Clapp Maufacturing.
For several years, the Boyds held a cotillion at the mansion with the pit band of the Auditorium Theater providing the music.
Mr. Boyd in 1917. Then Mrs. Boyd lived at 66 South Street in the winter adn opend the mansion for the remainder of the year. Upon her death in 1928, her daughter Gladys sold the property.
The mansion was razed to make room for the Case Mansion and grounds. The stones of the mansion were recycled and used in the construction of the church school building of Second Presbyterian Church (today Westminster Church) on William Street.
Today, First Presbyterian Church occupies the site of the former Boyd mansion, which later was the south lawn of the Theodore Case Mansion.
The First Presbyterian Church steeple had collapsed and the congregation decided to leave the corner of North and Franklin streets which had been home to them since the first wooden house of worship had been built there in 1816.
The South Street Church designed by John Y. Critchley was built at a cost of more than $550,000 on land purchased from the Carmelite Fathers.
In 1975, the Presbyterian congregation purchased the adjacent 40-room Case mansion from the Carmelites.
~ Information provided by Sheila Tucker, Cayuga County Historian