Sunday, November 08, 2009

Fire on Perrine Street

Early this Sunday morning a fire damaged the home at 99 Perrine Street. The homeowner, Maryellen Williams, got out without incident. No one was hurt but the house received moderate smoke damage.

Arriving about 2:07 A.M. firefighters found flames in the attic loft of the wood-frame structure. The blaze was out by 2:24 A.M. but not before firefighters pulled down ceiling tiles in a second floor bedroom to get at it.

Judged accidental. The cause was determined electrical failure in a ceiling fan in an upstairs bedroom. Damage was confined to the upstairs bedroom and a crawl space above the ceiling where a fire hose was used to extinguish the flames.

Terry emailed us after breakfast noting the incident. Until then we were unaware of the happening which took place just down the street. Our house must be sound-proof.

No comments: